Apple Watches have always been in business but recently their popularity has hit a new high. Almost every iPhone user has Apple watch paired with it. It is no surprise as Apple watches are indeed a thing of beauty and utmost utility. However, the rise in popularity means some new Apple Watch users who aren’t aware of how the Watch works.
There is no rocket science involved in using an Apple watch but still, a few users have been looking for ways to unlock the Apple Watch. It is undoubtedly a basic thing to comprehend, but the users who cannot crack the code as yet can refer to this article. Here is how you can unlock your Apple Watch.
Table of Contents
- Setting a Passcode:
- Unlocking Apple Watch via iPhone:
- How to Unlock if you forget the Passcode:
Setting a Passcode:
You will be asked to set a passcode when you first set up your Apple Watch. You can change it later and here is how to do that:
1. Launch Settings on your Apple Watch.
2. Use Digital Crown to scroll down and locate the option Passcode.
3. Tap the Passcode and then change it.
4. Alternatively, you can set a new passcode on Apple Watch using the iPhone too. Go to the Watch app and then tap the option Passcode. Change it here by entering the old passcode and replacing it with a new one.
You can also turn off the passcode on the same screen by hitting the option Turn Passcode off. Doing this will make the unlocking easier but the data protection will be gone.
Unlocking Apple Watch via iPhone:
What this feature does is that it unlocks the Apple Watch when the users unlock their iPhones. It is entirely up to the user whether they want this feature enabled or not. Also, this feature will only work when both the devices are within the Bluetooth’ proximity. It means that the iPhone won’t unlock the Apple Watch if the distance is more than 33 feet. Here is how to enable this feature.
1. Open the Settings on your Apple Watch.
2. Scroll down and tap on the option Passcode.
3. You will see the option Unlock with iPhone on the screen. Make sure to toggle it on if you desire to unlock Apple Watch via iPhone. Leave it disabled if you want otherwise.
4. Alternatively, you can use the iPhone to enable/disable this feature too. All you will need to do is to open the Watch App. tap on the option Passcode and then toggle on the option Unlock with iPhone.
How to Unlock if you forget the Passcode:
People forgetting passcodes is nothing new and it will never go away completely. It is easy to forget passcodes when so much is going on in busy lives. You wouldn’t like to know that but unfortunately, forgetting your Apple Watch’ passcode leaves you with only one option; erasing the Apple Watch. It is indeed frustrating to Erase All Content and Settings on iPhone or Watch but there is no alternative to that. Here is what you will need to do:
1. Unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone. You can do that by opening the Watch app. Tap on your Apple Watch listed at the top. Next, tap the Information icon located next to it. Now tap on the option Unpair Apple Watch. Doing this will erase the settings and passcode of the Apple Watch.
2. Once unpaired, you will need to pair the watch with the iPhone, again.
3. Now, reset the Apple Watch by opening the Watch App. Tap on the option General followed by a tap on the option Reset.
4. Choose the option Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
5. Once done, the watch will restart with no passcode requirements on it. You will have to repeat the method mentioned above to set a new passcode.
So, this is how you can unlock the Apple Watch. It is quite simple and easy only if you haven’t forgotten your passcode. If you have, then you have just read how daunting the unlocking process can become.