It is very convenient to update iPhone and iPad now, because you can use OTA to upgrade, so that users can complete all the update process on the phone. This Tuesday (September 21), Apple released two key operating system updates, iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. Here are 3 solutions to teach you.
- 👉🏻 Unable to update iPhone when updating iOS. An unknown error (4000) occurred. Solution
- 👉🏻iPhone update stuck? Update failed? Waiting for a long time when updating? The display cannot be updated?Can do this
Notes on updating iOS 15 with iPhone and computer
- Remember to back it up to avoid failure in the update process. After replying to the software, the original data can be retrieved.
- Confirm whether the iPhone meets the iOS 15 upgrade list
- The location has a smooth network environment, and the computer network connection is normal
- The hard disk space on the computer will be used when backing up, pay attention to the remaining capacity of the computer hard disk
- The iTunes version needs to be the latest, if Mac users use the Finder to update, ignore it
IPhone update iOS 15 with a computer, error solutions of 4000 and 3000 pop up
Some users will choose to use computer updates when updating major versions of iOS (such as iOS 14 to iOS 15). After all, they can be backed up and updated at the same time, which is very convenient and fast. The update process is relatively stable compared to OTA. But using a computer to update iOS may encounter update errors such as 4000 and 3000 on the computer. In fact, this is a bug of Apple but has not been fixed for a long time. Here I will share with you three solutions to the update error of 4000, 3000, etc. on the computer.
Turn off iPhone unlock password temporarily
When to use:
- Before updating the iPhone with a computer, you have not yet entered the installation progress bar screen and you can still operate the iPhone normally.
how to use:
- Go to iPhone Settings> Face ID and Password, and turn off the iPhone unlock password. This method is the most effective way to prevent error messages such as 4000 and 3000 from popping up during the process of updating the iPhone. It is recommended to do this once before updating the iPhone with a computer.
Manually download the iPSW file and install it
When to use:
- After the iPhone is connected to the computer, before it is ready to update.
- The iPhone has started to run the progress bar to perform the update, but failed during the process, and the iPhone is stuck in the recovery mode, as shown in the figure below.
how to use:
- You can first go to the Internet to find the iPSW file that matches the iPhone model, and when you try to update again, select to update the iPhone with this file.
- Windows users: Hold down Shift + to check for updates or updates.
- Mac users: Press and hold option + to check for updates or updates.
- Please be careful not to click on the “Resume” option to avoid all data being deleted.
Use third-party software to update iPhone
Of course, you can also use third-party software to update the iPhone. After all, as mentioned earlier, the update error will occur mainly because Apple has not fixed the bug and caused the error. Therefore, if you use third-party software to update the iPhone, you can bypass the bug and update the iPhone.
The above is the solution to the error message 4000 and 3000 when updating iPhone with computer. At the same time, I would like to remind you that no matter how you update your iPhone, you must remember to back it up to avoid data loss.
- Will the iOS 15 update be a disaster?Sort out the updated disaster situation and suggestions from netizens to tell you
- The iPhone shows that the update item cannot be verified, and the update error occurs. How to solve it
- How does AirTag update the firmware? How to check the AirTag version?Here to teach you how to update AirTag